Window Art in Vinyl Etchings® produces all of its clear and opaque vinyl static-cling decals using a 7.0 mil premium clear highly plasticized flexible calendered vinyl film laminated to a 90# lay flat liner. This film is designed to accept a variety of solvent-based inkjet and UV curable inks common to wide format digital printing systems.
- Window decals
- Temporary product markings
- Point of purchase displays
- Protective masking
- Designed for temporary application to glass.
- This film may also function adequately on other smooth, clean surfaces such as metal and plastics.
- Thoroughly test this product when applying to painted surfaces, as hazing may develop on the painted surface with extended exposure to static cling vinyl.
- Minimum application temperature 40°F.
- Service temperature range 20°F to 200°F.
- The surface must be clean, smooth and as close to room temperature as possible.
- Cold surfaces reduce the cling of the vinyl.
- Small decals may be applied dry.
- Large decals should be applied by wetting the substrate and the decal with glass cleaner.
- Use a roller to smooth the decal onto the substrate.
- Highly plasticized clear static cling may develop a surface haze.
- Usually haze will dissipate after the decal is applied.
- Although clear static cling is exceptionally transparent, flow lines may be visible to varying degrees.
- When using outdoors, this vinyl film may be used for temporary applications up to three months.
- Temperature, wind and rain may also limit the bond of static cling vinyl to exterior windows.
Window Art in Vinyl Etchings® uses Roland® ECO-SOL MAX® inkjet ink, a remarkable innovation in ink technology. Building on Roland’s award-winning eco-solvent ink, high-density ECO-SOL MAX® dries fast and offers a wide color gamut, rugged scratch resistance and broad uncoated as well as coated media support – all at a low cost per square foot. ECO-SOL MAX® is virtually odorless and does not require any special ventilation or environmental equipment.
- Quick drying time for accelerated production speeds
- Rugged scratch resistance for durability and easy handling
- Wide color gamut for reds, blues and greens
- Virtually odorless and user-friendly
- Aggressively adheres to a broad range of affordable media including uncoated and coated media
- Durability up to three years outdoors without lamination